The Toggenburg is a Swiss breed of dairy goat. It is among the most productive breeds of dairy goat and is distributed worldwide. With careful breeding we produce high quality, productive dairy goats.
Krystal Kreek Farm is located in the beautiful rolling hills acres of lush pastures, meadows and woods with a spring fed creek running though the property. Our Toggenburg dairy goat herd takes advantage of about 20 acres for browsing, especially in the summer. Our dairy goats share the creek with a flock of geese who keep a watchful eye on the property and warn us of any intruders.
The Toggenburg herd receives the following care:
- We provide a routine regimen of yearly vaccinations
- All kids are removed promptly at birth and receive heat treated colostrum and are raised on pasteurized milk
- We test yearly for CAE and continue to practice CAE prevention
- We have used linear appraisal most years and have found it to be very helpful
- We will start Owner Sample DHIR milk testing this year.
We offer top quality kids for sale from our Toggenburg dairy goat herd. The stock we sell is guaranteed to be fertile if given proper care by the buyer.
All of our goats are in excellent health. Our entire herd is tested annually for CAE and every other year for Johnes and CL (everyone is NEGATIVE for these diseases).
We require a deposit of 25% of the total cost of odering in case of any reservations buyers intend to make. If you’d like to make a reservation through our website, please contact us.
If you are taking the goats out of state, we will have to provide you with health certificates. Please give us at least 24 hours notice if this the case. We have scrappie tags available as well. Our prices do not include transportation costs, and buyers usually arrange their own transportation.